Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Welcome, Meet the Chef

Chef Sally Rae
Hi, I'm Sally Rae Dyck also known as 'Gourmet by Sally Rae'. Under this name I teach specialty cooking classes and have written a monthly food column for our local Denman Island publication The Flagstone for over 13 years.  

Now available is my cookbook entitled "For the Love of Food" a compilation of my columns previously published in The Flagstone.
 
I have been a Certified Professional Cook since 1979 and was awarded my Red Seal Qualification in 1981.

More about Sally Rae...
I have lived on Denman Island since 1990 and for three years was an Associate Member of the North Vancouver Island Chef’s Association. 


Like many full-time residents of Denman Island, I grow an organic vegetable garden that supplies fresh produce twelve months of the year. Growing up in Alberta, I learned valuable lessons in gardening, harvesting, storing and preparing seasonal fresh food from the family business. Wallish Greenhouses, founded by my maternal grandparents John and Sally Wallish, supplied fresh produce to the Edmonton area since 1919.

I welcome you to a collection of seasonal, fresh recipes, ideas and tips on cooking, entertaining and gardening. 

Until next time ... Bon Appétit!


Chef Photo by D. Lacasse
Garden Photo - courtesy of istock

No comments:

Post a Comment